Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Hobbit

Okay, I haven't posted for a while. Actually I haven't posted for a year, and my time is up. But I'm just going to continue the blog whenever I have time, which isn't often due to homework. So here goes:

I recently read a book by J.R.R. Tolkien a few of you may have heard of. It's called: The Hobbit. It's an absolutely fantastic book. The movie just doesn't quite surpass it. Some of the charachters can be a bit tiresome (*cough* Thorin *cough*), but the overall book is one of the best in the UNIVERSE. I never thought I'd say this, but it may just beat the Warriors series. GASP!

If you read the Hobbit, and like it, you will definitely love books like:
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkein
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkein

Remember: The Hobbit is a childrens book. It's not meant to scare the living daylights out of you, it's meant to amuse you.

If you haven't seen The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, go read the book before you read the movie. Everything makes more sense.
 
Official "E" rating:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

P.S. Who's noticed my font has changed? Blogger won't let me use Kristen ITC now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment