Monday, February 7, 2011

The Hobbit, Graphic Novel

I have recently finished reading The Hobbit, Graphic Novel by Charles Dixon and Sean Deming. 

It is a very interesting book, while not as descriptive as the full version originally written by J.R.R. Tolkien. But it is a graphic novel and graphic novels are shorter that novels. Being a graphic novel, the pictures (by David Wenzel)  were very distracting and I found it hard to continue reading for more that 10-15 minutes at a time before I just looked at the pictures. 


I have not read the original book but this one was very interesting, and the pictures, while, as I mentioned earlier, distracting, were very well done. It was a bit bloodthirsty at times but a on the whole, a brilliant book. Having read this, I am going to try to get hold of The Hobbit, the novel and read it.

If you can read you should read the graphic novel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment